The Alliant Credit Union offers two credit cards from which you can choose. The Visa Platinum is their equivalent to a classic credit card. It is not a rewards credit card nor is it a bad credit credit card. It is, however, a low interest credit card, from which anyone with very good to perfect credit can qualify!
Compare credit cards online with the free credit card chaser tool found on this page!
Of course, Alliant Credit Union, like any credit card company, will look at more than just your credit score to determine whether you will qualify for a credit card. You can check out the Federal Reserve to learn more about what credit card companies consider when they evaluate your credit.
Overview of the Alliant Credit Union Visa Platinum Card
As mentioned above, this is a low interest credit card. There is an introductory rate of 2.99% to 5.99% for purchases and balance transfers. This introductory offer lasts for nine months at which time your standard APR will apply.
This card comes with the possibility of a very high credit limit, depending upon your credit score. The maximum credit limit for this card is $50,000. If you have this card and you use it to rent a car, buy plane, train or cruise tickets, you will be provided with $500,000 in travel insurance for the duration of your trip. It also comes with rental car insurance as well.
You don’t have to be a member of ACU to qualify for this card. In fact, ACU will do automatic bill pay from any valid banking account in the US.
Terms of the Alliant Credit Union Visa Platinum Card
The terms for this card include:
- No annual fee
- 9.24% to 21.24% variable APR for purchases and balance transfers
- 18.24% to 23.24% variable APR for cash advances
- 24.24% penalty APR
- No balance transfer fee
- 2% or $10 cash advance fee, whichever is greater
- 1% foreign transaction fee
- $25 late payment fee
Verdict on the Alliant Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card
While this can be a great card with a very high credit limit, the truth is that there are credit unions and other credit card companies that offer slightly lower rates and fewer fees than what you will find with ACU. You should consider your other options before deciding on this credit card.
Use the credit card chaser tool to compare credit cards online today!
- Alliant Credit Union Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- Robins Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum (Variable) Credit Card
- VyStar Credit Union Visa Platinum Rewards Plus Credit Card
- Redwood Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Provident Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Earthmover Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Firstmark Credit Union Business Visa Platinum Credit Card