Altra Federal Credit Union offers three credit cards from which you can choose. They are all platinum Visa cards; however, they are designed for people with different credit ratings. The cards are the Visa Platinum I, II, and III.
Compare credit cards online with the free credit card chaser tool on this page!
None of these cards is a bad credit credit card, however, the Visa Platinum III is designed for people new to credit and students. The II is for someone with established credit but not enough to qualify for the lowest rates or the highest credit limits. The Platinum I is designed for those of you with exceptional credit who want a lot of spending power.
Overview of the Altra Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Card
As mentioned above, there are three credit cards from which to choose. Each of the credit cards allows you to design your own card. You can choose an image of your choice to be printed on the face of your card.
Naturally, there are some restrictions. For example, you cannot include copyrighted images. In addition, you cannot include images that could be offensive. Interestingly, AFCU includes religious images as along with nudity, guns, drugs, or other illegal activities as offensive.
All of these cards are reward cards. You will earn one point for every $1 that you spend on new purchases. There is no cap and no expiration date for your points. Points can be redeemed for travel, merchandise, cash, gift certificates, and more.
Terms of the Altra Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Card
The terms, with the exception for the starting interest rates for each of the card, are the same. These terms include:
- No annual fee
- 5% or $15 cash advance fee with no maximum
- Purchase, cash advance and balance transfer fee (when available) will be the same
- No penalty APR
- No other fees
- Visa Platinum III starting interest rate 14.9%
- Visa Platinum II starting interest rate 12.9%
- Visa Platinum I starting interest rate 10.9%
Verdict on the Altra Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Card
Truthfully, if you have excellent credit, then you might want to consider another credit card company, as there are lower rates to be found. If you have new or slightly bumpy credit, then this offer isn’t terrible. What’s more, AFCU is Better Business Bureau registered with an A+ rating, which might make it a little more comfortable for some of you when making your choice.
Use the credit card chaser tool to compare credit cards online today!
- Altra Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum III Credit Card
- Altra Federal Credit Union Visa Student Credit Card
- Altra Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum II Credit Card
- Altra Federal Credit Union Visa Business Credit Card
- Baxter Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Baxter Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card with CURewards
- GTE Federal Credit Union Visa Business Platinum Standard Credit Card