There are two American Eagle Outfitter credit cards. One is a store card only and the other is a Visa card. Both American Eagle credit cards are issued through GE Money and are subject to their standard Terms and Conditions.
The requirements to be considered for the AE credit card are that credit history does not contain bankruptcy or significantly delinquent accounts, the applicant must be at least 18 years old, have their own social security number and there cannot be an earlier application submitted within the previous 90 days.
Those who are approved are automatically enrolled in the AEREWARD$ program. This is the American Eagle store purchase program. Points are earned when purchases are made at any of the American Eagle and their affiliated stores or sites. Start comparing all credit card offers now!
American Eagle Credit Card Benefits
- 5% off the first credit card purchase, the day the account is opened
- 4% discount on purchases made online or in person at American Eagle, aerie, ae.com, cerie.com and 77kids.com
- Access to special events and discounts especially for cardholders
- 15% birthday discount
- 23 day billing cycle
American Eagle Visa Card Benefits
- 1% Extra Savings on purchases that are not American Eagle or their subsidiaries
- No Annual Fee
- 4% savings on purchases made at any of the American Eagle locations or sites, including aerie and 77kids.com
- Invitation to members-only sales events throughout the year
American Eagle Credit Card Offer Details
For the American Eagle Visa card, there are two different account types. One assigned at the time of the application, based on credit history. Both have variable annual percentage rates. One is 19.24% and the other is 23.24%. These rates are high for a standard Visa card, but are not unusual for those that are partnered with a specific store brand.
The grace period for each card is at least 23 days, providing that the balance is paid in full. If it carries over from one month to the next, there is no grace period. Savings certificates from the AERWARD$ program are sent through the mail approximately 1 month after the minimum requirements are met.
Unless members shop at American Eagle and their associated stores frequently, this card may be too expensive. There are shopping portals used by American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard that have discount and reward programs that include American Eagle and hundreds of other name brands. It may take some research, but it will save consumers in the long run, especially if they are on tight budgets.
The APR’s are often several percentage points lower, especially if the individual’s credit rating is at least “Good.” The lack of grace period for balances carried makes it doubly important to make an appropriate payment so that credit score is not adversely affected.
Start comparing all credit card offers now!
- GE Money Bank AEO Inc Visa Credit Card
- American Eagle Federal Credit Union Visa Business Platinum Rewards Credit Card Review
- American Eagle Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Giant Eagle Fuelperks! Credit Card
- American Eagle Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- American Society of Civil Engineers Rewards American Express Card – from Bank of America
- American Savings Bank Visa Classic Review