The accelerated earning options as well as access to the top-tier rewards program offered by the Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN make this card a very attractive option for businesses that have employees that need to travel frequently. It focuses on providing high levels of service and tier-one products to ensure that employees and their clients have the services they need when they need them. Be sure to compare many different business credit card offers today!
American Express Platinum Business Card Benefits
Its premiere services and top-tier brands allow companies to focus on their existing and potential clientele rather than struggling to make reservations and other travel arrangements, while trying to take advantage of benefits.
Complimentary services for card members include companion tickets and upgrades to business or first class on most airlines and airport club access. Luxury upgrades at hotels and rental cars are also included in the available amenities.
American Express Business Platinum Strengths
- Flexible payment schedules that enable employees to time their billing cycle with reimbursement schedules.
- Premiere travel and hotel benefits at luxury establishments
- OPEN savings for business expenses. Savings are estimated between 3%-20% of standard retail.
- Integrated management and organizational tools to track all expenses, making the financial piece less of a burden.
- 30 premium benefits designed to improve business.
- Revolving credit is available for purchases over $200 and for travel expenses that occur over the course of two billing cycles.
These are in addition to the built-in benefits that all American Express cards offer. Account alerts, travel insurance, car rental insurance, extended warranties on manufacturer’s original warranty, fraud protection and year-end summary reports.
American Express Business Platinum Weaknesses
This card is difficult to qualify for. American Express requires an “Excellent” credit rating and an established business history. As a result, most new or emerging businesses will not qualify for the card, regardless of current bank statements and financials.
American Express Platinum Client & Employee Rewards
There are many different ways an organization can say thank you to valued employees and customers. In difficult economic times, these “extras” are very often not in the budget.
The American Express Platinum Business card enables businesses to use points to pay for these perks and incentives, which improve employee morale and boost customer confidence about the status of the company. Some of the options that can be purchased with Membership Rewards points include half-day spa treatments, golf clubs, a weekend stay at a luxury resort, and use of a private jet.
The American Express Gold business card has fewer benefits, but also carries with it a smaller annual fee. Visa and MasterCard each have Commercial cards, but they are geared more towards traditional incentive programs, with few of the luxurious benefits.
Be sure to compare many different business credit card offers today!
This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser’s affiliate programs.
- American Express Business ExtrAA Corporate Card
- American Express Executive Business Card
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express OPEN
- American Express Business Green Rewards Card
- American Express Corporate Card
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Platinum
- American Express Business ExtrAA Corporate Platinum Card