American Express offers only two gold cards for personal use, the American Express Gold Card and the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express. They do offer the American Express Business Gold Rewards Card, which has a very similar program to the Premier Rewards Gold program.
Compare credit cards online with the FREE credit card chaser tool at the top of the page!
The Business Gold Rewards Card is a new card offered by American Express. It is an excellent choice for smaller businesses that have great to perfect credit but don’t need inordinately high spending limits.
American Express Gold Rewards Card Overview
As a business card, you will probably want to know that you can get as many additional gold cards as you need for your business for one low annual fee, which is $50. This is in addition to the $175 fee that applies to the initial credit card that you receive.
This is a rewards card that allows you to earn extra points for travel at three points per $1 and for advertising, shipping, and gas, which earns two points per $1 spent. Everything else garners you one point per $1 you spend. You can also earn 50,000 bonus points if you spend at least $10,000 in the first five months after you activate your credit card.
You can redeem your points for virtually anything that you can think of. In addition, there are no blackout dates if you choose to redeem your points for air travel.
This is also an instant approval credit card as you can apply online and learn in 60 seconds whether or not your qualify.
American Express Gold Rewards Card Benefits
There are many benefits to choosing an American Express credit card. These benefits include:
- No cap on points earned
- Points never expire
- Purchase protection means that your purchases are protected from accidents and theft up to $1,000
- Return protection allows you to get credit for items that you need to return but the manufacturer won’t take back
- Extended warranty extends the warranty on your purchase for an additional year
- 24/7 card member business service
- Customer service reps dedicated to your specific business
- Automatic discounts at a variety of merchants when you use your card
- As many employee cards as you need
American Express Gold Rewards Card Considerations
American Express follows the laws set by the Federal Reserve regarding credit card fees, however, they charge the fees the second the law allows them to with no grace period. In addition, their annual fee is a bit high as there are many credit card companies that charge no annual fees for their business cards.
Compare credit cards online by using the FREE credit card chaser tool found on this page!
This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser’s affiliate programs.
- Ameriprise Bank, FSB American Express Gold Card
- American Express Gold Card
- TrueEarnings® Business Card from Costco and American Express OPEN
- American Express Premier Rewards Card
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Senior Gold
- American Express Centurion Bank Gold Card
- American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. American Express Rewards Gold Card