If you search American Express for their Rewards Plus Gold credit card, you will be redirected to the American Express Premier Rewards Gold credit card. Although the Rewards Plus card was once offered by AMEX, it is no longer available to new customers, although customers who applied for and were approved for the card in the past can still maintain this card.
The information for the American Express Rewards Plus card is still available on the AMEX website. The only thing missing at this point is the ability to apply for the card. If you are interested in this credit card, then you will have to apply for one of the other gold cards offered by American Express.
Compare credit cards online with the FREE credit card chaser tool at the top of the page!
American Express Bank Rewards Plus Gold Card Overview
First, this card was offered by America Express Centurion Bank; however, you won’t see that bank name on any of the credit cards. American Express seems to be putting American Express Bank on most of their information these days.
This card has/had an annual fee of $150, a transaction fee of 2.7% and a $35 or 2.99% late payment fee. The late payment terms for this card changed in 2010 when the laws for charging late payments changed. You can find this information at the Federal Reserve.
There is a penalty APR for this card, however, American Express doesn’t say what it is. True to form, they don’t have a suggested range for your interest rates; instead, they tell you what your rate will be after you qualify for the card.
American Express Bank Rewards Plus Gold Card Considerations
- There is a high annual fee for this card
- You must have great to perfect credit to qualify
- There is an unknown penalty APR if you miss a payment or your payment method bounces
- American Express offers excellent benefits
- You can get five additional cards with no additional fees
- The penalty APR only lasts for six months if you make on time payments
American Express Bank Rewards Plus Gold Card Verdict
Because this card is no longer available to new applicants, the final verdict is that this isn’t the card for you. Other American Express cards may be just what you are looking for, however. Because American Express expects their applicants to have fantastic credit, you should know what your credit looks like before you apply. You can check out your credit for free once a year at AnnualCreditReport.com.
Using the FREE credit card chaser tool on this page, you can compare credit cards online right now!
This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser’s affiliate programs.
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Premier Rewards Gold
- American Express Gold Card
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Senior Gold
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Gold Rewards
- American Express Premier Rewards Card
- Preferred Rewards Gold Card by American Express
- Macy’s Credit Card