Affinity cards are credit cards that allow you to support your favorite charity, organization, or school while using your credit card. Credit cards like the Animal Friends Visa Platinum Rewards card by UMB contribute money directly to your charity when you are approved for a card.
Try the credit card chaser tool on this page and compare credit cards for your favorite charity!
The Animal Friends Visa Platinum Rewards card pays $50 to Animal Friends when you are approved for a card. Animal Friends is an adoption and humane rescue foundation whose slogan is “Thinking Outside the Cage.”
Animal Friends Visa Platinum Rewards Card Overview
The Animal Friends Visa is not a bad credit credit card; in fact, in order to qualify you must have great to excellent credit. Having good credit does not mean that you will necessarily qualify; you do have to meet income requirements as well.
When applying for this credit card, you have four different card faces from which to choose. There is a cat, a dog, a bunny and a photo of one of the Animal Friends offices.
As a rewards card, you can earn bonus points that can be used to purchase airline tickets, gift cards, merchandise or as cash back. The standard point collection is one point for each $1 you spend. If you purchase from select merchants, you can earn up to 15 points per $1.
UMB continues to make donations to Animal Friends as you use your card, however, they don’t say how much they donate per transaction on their website. Typically, it is a very small percentage of each dollar you spend, such as 1/4% or 1/8%.
Animal Friends Visa Platinum Rewards Card Terms
The terms for this credit card are quite good. The interest rates are low and they have a 6 month introductory APR of 0%. Here are the terms of this card:
- 11.15% variable APR for purchases and balance transfers
- 15.15% variable APR for cash advances
- $15 or 3% balance transfer fee and cash advance fee, whichever is greater
- 23.75% penalty APR, variable
Animal Friends Visa Platinum Rewards Card Bottom Line
This card offers a low APR, especially for an affinity and a rewards card. Additionally, it supports a great cause. The only downside is if you don’t have great credit, you will not be able to qualify.
Compare credit cards online by using the credit card chaser tool found on this page!
- Best Friends Animal Society Platinum Visa
- The Animal Friends Visa® Platinum Rewards Card
- Animal Rescue Inc Visa Card (Pennsylvania)
- Affinity Federal Credit Union Hillsborough Rewards Visa Credit Card
- Pen Air Federal Credit Union University of West Florida Visa Platinum
- BMW Car Club of America Rewards Visa
- Princeton University Credit Card