This review is for the APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Starter Credit Card. As the name suggests, this card was specifically designed for people that are just starting out with credit and are looking for an affordable and convenient way to build their credit.
Trying to compare credit cards and their rates online? Look no further and use the credit card chaser now!
This card is similar to the APGFCU student card; however, it is only for people that are employed full-time. If you’re a student, you should check out the APGFCU Student Credit Card.
Details of the APGFCU Starter Credit Card
With no annual fee, a 1% cash rebate with every qualifying purchasing when using the card and an annual percentage rate of 13.99%, the APGFCU starter card is both convenient and affordable.
The maximum credit limit is $1,000, and although low compared to many other credit cards, is set at a level that is in line with someone trying to build their credit and credit score. SmartMoney magazine has a list of things that can hurt your credit score over time.
APGFCU Starter Credit Card Benefits
The APGFCU starter card has been designed to help people rebuild their credit history, and is beneficial for new college graduates. There is never a fee for making a purchase with the card. The 25-day grace period allows you to avoid any interest charges if you pay your entire bill in full each month.
Like other Visa Cards, the APGFCU starter card offers fraud protection, access to cash through an ATM network, and 24/7 customer support and lost and stolen card assistance.
APGFCU has several other cards available, including platinum rewards cards, student cards, and other. All of them offer a $500,000 insurance policy while traveling as well as coverage for car rentals.
Your account can also be managed online, and you can setup your card to link with a bank account at APGFCU.
APGFCU Starter Credit Card Bottom Line
If you are looking to rebuild your credit, this card is a good option. There are limited numbers of cards available for people with poor or no credit, and the secured credit card has become a very popular option.
However, the APGFCU starter card is more affordable than most secure cards and does not require a security deposit.
The place to compare online credit cards and their rates is the credit card chaser!
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Student Credit Card
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Money Market Secured with Rewards Credit Card
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Platinum Advantage Rate Credit Card
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Share Secured with Rewards Credit Card
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Classroom Supply Credit Card Review
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Platinum Plus Rewards Credit Card
- Educational Employees Credit Union Starter / Student Visa Credit Card