This review is for the APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Student Credit Card. This student card is designed for college students, and is one of the more than half a dozen different credit cards offered by APGFCU.
You can compare credit cards online in the comfort of your own home. Use our credit card chaser today to get started.
The card is only available to full time college students who can prove their eligibility with either a student identification or class registration.
Details of the APGFCU Student Credit Card
The APGFCU Student Card offers no annual fee, which can offer a significant amount of savings each year. The annual percentage rate for the card is 13.99%, and the maximum credit limit for any student credit card is $1000.
This credit limit is most likely set to ensure that the student does not fall too far into unsecured debt. Learn more about managing your finances as a student at http://www.collegeboard.com/.
Cardholders can earn a total of 1% cash back on all eligible purchases. This means that if you use the card each month and pay it off in its entirety you:
- Will not incur any interest charges
- Will not have to pay an annual fee
- Possibly, even make money due to the cash back
Benefits of the APGFCU Student Credit Card
Some of the benefits of the APGFCU student card include no transaction fee when an eligible purchase is made, affordable monthly payments, and a zero liability plan that protects the cardholder in the event that an unauthorized charge is made on the card.
There are also numerous travel benefits, such as accident insurance for up to $500,000 as well as car rental coverage and emergency assistance.
The card is accepted anywhere the Visa logo is on display, and can be used to withdraw cash from certain ATMs.
APGFCU Student Credit Card Bottom Line
There are many student cards available, but many have an annual fee and a high APR. The APGFCU card has neither, and is a good choice for a student who is looking to establish credit responsibly.
Are you trying to compare credit cards? Use our credit card chaser now and see rates instantly!
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Starter Credit Card
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Classroom Supply Credit Card Review
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Platinum Advantage Rate Credit Card
- The Golden 1 Credit Union Student Visa
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Share Secured with Rewards Credit Card
- Washington State Employees Credit Union Visa Student Rewards Credit Card
- APGFCU (Aberdeen Proving Ground Federal Credit Union) Platinum Plus Rewards Credit Card