If you own a small business, then you’re probably already familiar with the world of business credit. You probably know that it’s a good idea to have a business credit card for big expenditures so that you can control your business spending, keep detailed records of your purchases, and even allow others to sign on the card so that you don’t have to keep personally running out every time you have a minor emergency.
Having a business credit card can free you up to work better, buy better, and do better as a business. The Bank of America Platinum Visa Business Credit Card is a solid choice to help you to accomplish these things.
BOA Platinum Visa Business Card Essentials
The Platinum Visa Business card offers all of the features that a small business owner should be looking for, and offers a competitive APR, to boot. Here are a few of their features:
- No annual fee
- 0% fixed APR on balance transfers for twelve months
- Standard variable rate after introductory period is prime + 5.99%-16.99%, depending on your credit record
- Cash advance APR is prime + 20.99%
- Cash advance fee is 4% with a minimum of $10
- Balance transfer fee and overdraft transfer fee are both 3% with a minimum of $10
- 20-day grace period
- Late payment and overlimit fees are $15 if your balance is $500 or less, $29 if it’s $1,000.00 or less, and $39 if it’s over $1,000
Bank of America Visa Business Platinum Bonus Features
The card also comes with a few helpful features. Online Banking can upload your account information directly into QuickBooks. The card comes with free travel insurance up to $100,000. You can also receive discounts on everyday purchases from certain retailers. This card doesn’t come with a rewards program, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t get anything out of being a cardholder.
Bank of America offers up to $100,000 liability protection against card misuse by terminated employees. They’re familiar with the common security pitfalls of having a company credit card. And it also helps to know that Bank of America offers excellent customer service, particularly to their business clients. You can get emergency cash or card replacement 24/7, so you never have to go without the credit that you need.
A Solid Choice
As to whether or not this is the card for you, that depends on your business. This is an excellent card to have if you plan not to use it too often and only plan to use it for emergencies. The APR is low, so even if you have an emergency or run into an unexpected situation, you won’t pay an arm and a leg in interest.
It’s always best to find other options and compare, especially where your business’ bottom line is concerned, but this card is a solid choice and should definitely be considered as part of the line-up of contenders.
- America First Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Cash Back Credit Card
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association – AOPA Platinum Plus Business Card from Bank of America
- TD Simply Flexible Business Visa Credit Card
- Bank of America Student Platinum Plus Visa
- TDECU Platinum MasterCard