The Bank of America WorldPoints card is a widely-accepted credit card that offers reward points that can be exchanged for cash, merchandise, gift items, hotel accommodations, airfare and even car rentals. Cardholders accumulate plenty of points every time they use the credit card. In fact, this card program has been designed for individuals who always wanted to have rewards of their choice while shopping or making ordinary purchases.
Earning Points with Bank of America WorldPoints
Accumulating points under this Bank of America credit card is easy and without limits. Basically, every dollar charged to the WorldPoints credit card earns the cardholder one reward point. But a cardholder can be entitled to up to 10 times bonus points when shopping is done in the WorldPoints’ Mall, which is made up of hundreds of Internet-based stores that Bank of America has partnered with. To be able to redeem rewards, a cardholder needs to accumulate a minimum of 2,500 points.
Fees and Interest Rates
The Bank of America WorldPoints credit card offers 0% annual fee and annual percentage rate (APR) during the starting year or first 12 billing periods. However, this will only apply if the cardholder pays the bills on time and does not exceed the credit limit.
Benefits of Using the BOA WorldPoints Credit Card
- Enjoys wide acceptance all across the United States and other major locations around the world.
- Has an option that entitles cardholders to big cash advances.
- Provides convenient and easy way for cardholders to accumulate and keep track of reward points.
- Offers a wide variety of reward items for cardholders to choose from.
- Automatically approves credit limit increases without running a cardholder’s credit rating.
- Provides full coverage against unauthorized or fraudulent use of the credit card.
- Has 24/7priority customer service via toll-free number and online tools that allow cardholders to manage their accounts via the Internet.
- Emergency cash payout available in more than 160,000 ATM locations.
Drawbacks of the BOA WorldPoints Credit Card
- Many clients criticize the slow-paced or the lack of customer service.
- Some cardholders complain about the card’s normal interest rates, which are comparatively higher than most other card programs.
As of this writing, approvals for Bank of America WorldPoints credit cards have been limited. So, it may be difficult for anyone to qualify for this credit card program. This is yet another effect of the recent financial crisis. Also, the credit limit that a person can get approved for can vary according to his credit rating. Lastly, it is always a good idea to first compare different credit card programs before applying for one. Doing so will give you more insights on which program is best for your needs. Get started comparing credit card offers now!
- American Physical Therapy Association Business MasterCard with WorldPoints Rewards from Bank of America Review
- Bank of America World MasterCard Card with WorldPoints Rewards and PayPass
- Minnesota State Alumni Credit Card
- LPGA Credit Card
- AAA Visa Signature Card with WorldPoints Rewards – from Bank of America
- American Academy of Family Physicians Business MasterCard with WorldPoints Rewards – from Bank of America
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers WorldPoints Platinum Plus MasterCard – from Bank of America