If you are looking for low interest credit cards, then the BayPort Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred credit card should be on your list of considerations. You do not have to be a member of BayPort Credit Union in order to apply for a card, which means you can take advantage of their low interest rates without opening up a new account.
Use the free credit card chaser tool to compare credit cards online.
This credit card is not a rewards credit card, however, so if you want a rewards card, you will need to consider other options. In addition, this is not a bad credit credit card, nor is it for those of you with bumpy credit.
BayPort Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred Card Benefits
This credit card offers several benefits to those who qualify for the card. These benefits include:
- No annual fee
- $1M travel accident insurance
- Car rental insurance
- Travel protection
- Discounts for travel purchases
- Rental car discounts
- Pharmacy discounts
- Personal shopper access
- 24/7 concierge service
Qualifying for this card isn’t easy, however. You can find a list of the many things creditors look for on your credit report to see if you qualify for their credit card at the Federal Reserve website. It takes more than a good credit score to qualify.
BayPort Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred Card Terms
It is very important that you understand all of the terms for your credit card before you make a decision. That is because there are something things in small print, which can cause trouble for you later.
For example, for this card, if BayPort determines that you are becoming too high of a risk as a creditor, they can cancel your account and ask you to pay off your account in full. This can happen even if your account is in good standing according to the Federal Reserve, as long as this is stated clearly in the terms.
Other terms for this card include:
- No annual fee
- No penalty APR
- 8.99% to 12.49% APR on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances
- 4.99% APR on balance transfers for six months
- No cash advance fees
- 1% foreign transaction fee
Verdict on the BayPort Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred Card
This credit card offers many great benefits. It is also great that you don’t have to be a member of this credit union to qualify. However, you do have to have excellent credit, which won’t apply to all of you.
Compare credit cards online with the free credit card chaser tool!
- BayPort Credit Union Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- BayPort Credit Union MasterCard Gold Credit Card
- BayPort Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card
- BayPort Credit Union Visa Business Platinum Card
- Eastman Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred Credit Card
- BayPort Credit Union MasterCard Classic Credit Card
- Barksdale Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa Preferred Credit Card