Should you apply for the BB&T Platinum Visa Credit Card offer? Finding the right credit card can be a long process, and having a way to compare credit cards quickly can make this process less difficult.
BB&T is now offering a Visa Platinum credit card for personal use, and it provides a number of benefits that set it apart from other types of cards. These advantages range from a rewards program to advanced card protection.
Here, we will provide some specifics on the various aspects of the BB&T Visa Card, in order to allow you to easily compare it to other types of cards. Read through this BB&T Platinum Visa Credit Card review and then use our free tool to compare credit cards today!
BB&T Visa Credit Card Terms
The BB&T Credit Card offers a number of very straightforward terms. These include:
- No annual fee for cardholders.
- An introductory period offering a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers, that lasts six months.
- No fee for any balance transfers made within ninety days of opening the account, after which a 3% fee or $10 minimum applies for advances.
- No penalty pricing and APR does not increase with late payments. Late fees do apply, with $19 if the balance is less than $500, and $39 if it is more than $500.
- Cardholders get twenty-five days to pay off credit balances.
- The payments are applied as follows: interest is paid first, then fees and balances, starting at highest APR down to the lowest.
BB&T Platinum Credit Card Rewards
The BB&T Credit Card also offers an enhanced rewards program. This program offers:
- A $9 waiving of the annual fee for the first year.
- A waived fee each year afterward provided that net purchases for that year equal or exceed $2,400. This net spending does not include payment of fees, interest, balance transfers, and other non-purchase costs.
- Points can be earned and redeemed in the form of gift cards for restaurants and retail outlets, brand name merchandise, travel expenses, and more.
- One point is earned for every dollar in purchases.
- After the first purchase, the cardholder will receive 1,500 bonus points.
- Upon reaching 2,000 points, the cardholder is able to receive a $10 gift card.
Other BB&T Card Benefits
BB&T Credit Cardholders have access to an exclusive online banking program, which provides information regarding the account in the form of balances, fees, and so on. Credit card statements can be viewed online, allowing paperless banking. Recurring bills can be set up to be paid automatically, and the monthly bill can be paid from a checking or savings account. There are also alerts available to monitor account activity and inform cardholders about any potentially strange expenses.
Other benefits of the BB&T Credit Card include fraud and identity theft protection. Unauthorized use of the BB&T Credit Card will be covered 100%, and extended warranties and purchase protection options are available. Replacement cards and emergency cash are available in the event that the card is lost or stolen. Overdraft protection from eligible BB&T checking accounts and Visa protection for online purchases are also available.
BB&T provides travel and emergency assistance in the form of:
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car insurance
- Emergency transportation assistance
- Travel accident insurance
- Prescription and medication assistance
- Translation services
- elivery service for valuable documents
- Legal and medical referrals
BB&T Credit Cards are accepted at over thirty-two million locations worldwide, and are usable at over eight hundred thousand ATM’s. Optional account protection is also available.
These BB&T Credit Cards are excellent general use credit cards, offering low rates and reduced fees. However, the rewards program is substantially less attractive than some other types of credit cards.
If you are interested in a rewards program that will allow you to save a greater proportion of money, then you may want to look elsewhere at other reward credit card offers. However, if you are looking for an all around solid card that will provide straightforward service, the BB&T Credit Card is a good choice.