Should you apply for the Capital One Platinum credit card offer? Establishing good credit is one of the most important goals a consumer for their financial lives. Working to create a solid credit record makes it easier to get financing for large purchases, like homes, cars and education.
Even getting approved for a lease on an apartment or condo depends on your credit rating, and some jobs won’t hire new employees that have credit problems. Although it may seem counterintuitive, the only way to build good credit is by first taking out a line of credit, which is why many young adults get their first credit card, like the Capital One Platinum card.
Read through this Capital One Platinum credit card review and then be sure to use the free tool to start comparing all credit cards today!
Choosing Your Credit Card
People use reviews and ratings to choose between similar appliances and to decide which movie to see on the weekend, so why not use reviews to help you choose which credit card to use? Here are some things to keep in mind if you’re considering the Capital One Platinum credit card:
- The kind of consumer you are (individual, business, student)
- Your current credit rating (the Capital One Platinum card is designed for those with good credit only)
- What will you use the card for? (Personal purchases, business purchases, bill payments)
- What features are you looking for? (Travel rewards, airline miles, cash back, instant approval)
Capital One Platinum Credit Card Benefits
These days, credit card companies can supply you with far more than just a chance to make a purchase without having to pay for it right away. There are many different benefits of choosing the Capital One Platinum credit card, including:
- Access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly
payments on time
- Fraud Coverage if your card is lost or stolen
- Easily manage your account 24/7 with online access, by phone,
or using our mobile app
- Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
- Pay by check, online, or at a local branch—all with no fee
Interest Rates for Capital One Platinum Credit Card
Purchase APR is 24.9% variable. Transfer APR and Cash Advance APR is also 24.9% variable, with a grace period of 25 days on purchases.
There is no annual fee for the first year, with a $19 fee after the first year. There is also a late payment fee of $35.
It’s important to remember that while having a credit card provides some purchasing advantages, it will only improve your credit if you pay off the balance of the card each month.
Allowing a large balance to accrue will subject you to costly interest charges and will slowly hurt your credit rating. It’s important to know the interest rates that you will pay for a credit card before you open an account.
Applying for the Capital One Platinum Card
Before applying for the Capital One Platinum Card or any other credit card be sure to do your research by reading through our credit card reviews and then comparing the features of various credit cards!
- Capital Bank Credit Cards
- Capital One Cash Rewards for Newcomers
- Capital One Platinum Prestige Credit Card
- Capital One Orbitz Visa Platinum
- Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. World MasterCard Credit Card
- Capital One Secured MasterCard Credit Card
- Capital One Business Platinum with Preferred No Hassle MilesSM