While many credit unions stick with either Visa or MasterCard as their card of choice, CFEFCU (Central Florida Educators Federal Credit Union) offers both types of cards. What’s more, they offer the very same offers, just with your choice of the Visa or MasterCard logo. As such, the CFEFCU MasterCard Platinum Cash credit card is the same as their Visa Cash credit card!
Compare credit cards online right now with the free credit card chaser tool!
Of course, the major difference between these two credit cards is that MasterCard offers the protections for this card while Visa protects the Visa cardholder. As both companies have an excellent reputation for their customer support and anti-fraud practices, you should feel well-protected no matter who you choose. What is interesting, however, is unlike American Express, neither Visa nor MasterCard were mentioned in the JDPower.com 2011 Credit Card Satisfaction Study.
Central Florida Educators FCU MasterCard Platinum Cash Card Overview
The CFE MasterCard Platinum Cash card is a rewards credit card, but it is a limited one. You can earn a 1% credit redemption when you use your credit card, but when it comes time to collect, you get that redemption in a payment on your credit card, not in cash! The total rebate is applied to your final statement at the end of each year (in December, not a year since card ownership).
There is also a maximum cap on the redemptions that you can earn. You cannot earn more than $2,000 a year in redemption on your credit card. If you were thinking about using this card for general purchases and paying it off at the end of each month to earn cash back, then this probably isn’t the card for you.
Central Florida Educators FCU MasterCard Platinum Cash Card Terms
The terms for this card are the same as they are for their Visa equivalent and they include:
- 10.25% to 17.75% variable APR for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
- No annual fee
- No cash advance fee
- No balance transfer fee
- No ATM fee
- 17.75% penalty APR
- 1% foreign transaction fee
- Penalty fees in compliance with credit card rules by the Federal Reserve
Central Florida Educators FCU MasterCard Platinum Cash Card Verdict
This card is a bit disappointing. Although it is a low interest credit card, the cash program is very misleading and doesn’t offer much to cardholders. There are better cards available for you to consider!
Use the free credit card chaser tool and compare online credit cards and offers right now!
- Central Florida Educators FCU MasterCard Platinum Credit Card
- Central Florida Educators FCU Platinum Cash Visa Credit Card
- Central Florida Educators FCU MasterCard Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- Central Florida Educators FCU Green Rewards Visa Credit Card
- Central Florida Educators FCU Platinum Visa Credit Card
- Central Florida Educators FCU Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card
- Central Florida Educators FCU Business Visa Credit Card