The Chevron Texaco credit card is a decent gas credit card that allows for savings on gas purchases at both Chevron and Texaco. Read through this Texaco Chevron credit card review and then be sure and use the free credit card comparison tool to find the best card for your needs.
It’s no secret that the price of fuel has been steadily raising over the past few years, and with significant increases in the demand for oil and gas expected to arrive in the near future, there’s no telling where the price tag for filling up your car or truck is going to end up.
Many people are looking for ways to keep the cost of their gas more affordable, and as such, gasoline companies have started to offer gas credit cards that will provide rewards which can be redeemed for discounts on fuel and other purchases.
Benefits of the Chevron Texaco Credit Card
Choosing a beneficial gas card will depend on how much you usually spend on fuel per year, and which gas station you are most likely to use to fuel up your car. If there are plenty of Chevron stations in your neighborhood, you might find these Chevron Credit Card benefits particularly attractive:
- Road Service: Cardholders can enroll for up to 1 year of free road service, including jump starts, towing up to 5 miles, fuel delivery up to 2 gallons, tire service, up to 2 services per year
- 24/7 Cash Access: Individuals can use their card to withdraw cash from any ATM with the Cirrus Symbol
- Zero Fraud Liability: Unauthorized charges will be reimbursed to the cardholder regardless of the amount
Choosing the Right Chevron Credit Card
There are three different varieties of Chevron cards to choose from, the normal Chevron credit card, the premium Chevron credit card, and the Chevron and Texaco Visa Card. Choosing the one that is right for you will depend on the fees you’re willing to pay and the rewards you’re hoping to earn.
Here’s a comparison of the different versions of the Chevron card:
- Normal Credit Card: 10¢ per gallon statement credit for first 60 days; complimentary road service for up to a year; no annual fee, 26.99% APR for purchases; 29.99% cash advance APR
- Premium Credit Card: 10¢ per gallon statement credit for first 60 days; complimentary road service for up to a year; 50% off hotel rates, preferred rental car rates, and $25,000 travel insurance; $25 annual membership fee, 26.99% APR for purchases; 29.99% cash advance APR
- Chevron and Texaco Visa Card: 10¢per gallon on Chevron and Texaco fuel purchases, 3% on non-fuel purchases at Chevron and Texaco, 1% on other non-fuel purchases anywhere Visa cards are accepted; no annual fee; 13.49%, 17.49% and 20.49% APR for purchases (dependent on approval)
Using Your Chevron Card Properly
It’s important to remember that simply spending money on these Chevron Credit Cards will not allow you to earn rewards. You’ll have to pay off the balance of the card each month to have the rebates and rewards credited to your account outweigh the interest charges you would incur if you carried a balance.
Applying for the Chevron Credit Card Offer
There are many different credit card offers to compare so be sure to do your homework before submitting a Chevron credit card application.