Before choosing a credit card, there are few things that you should consider to make sure that you get the best credit card for you and your lifestyle. Just because you are pre-approved for a credit card does not mean that it is the best credit card for you.
You can get started finding great credit card offers right now by using our free credit card chaser! Whether you have had the same credit card for a long time or if you are shopping around for your very first credit card, it is always best to compare credit card offers side by side to see which card is the right choice for you.
Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding which credit card to apply for.
Understand The Details Of The Credit Card Offer
Credit card offers come with a lot of fine print, and understanding the basics can go a long way to helping you make a wise credit card decision.
• Fixed Rate Vs. Variable Rate: A credit card that comes with a low fixed rate is typically better than a card with a low variable rate. While credit card companies can raise your rate when interest rates go up with a fixed rate credit card, they must give you fifteen days notice. With a variable rate card, your interest rates can fluctuate quickly and you may not be aware of it.
• Low Introductory Rates: Most credit card offers come with low introductory annual percentage rates that last only for a certain period of time. While these cards can be a great choice, make sure you know what your interest rate will be once the intro rate period expires.
• Late Fees: Late fees can be extremely high and being late on a payment can also cause your interest rates to increase. Make sure you know the penalties for being late on payments and factor that into your decision (especially if you know you tend to forget to send those payments in on time.)
• Annual Fees: While a credit card offer may come with a low interest rate, there may be other costs to factor in such as an annual fee. Make sure you factor in all the extra costs; don’t just consider the interest rate.
Consider A Credit Card With A Rewards Program
There are many options for credit card consumers when it comes to credit cards with rewards programs. Consider what you spend most of your time doing when choosing a credit card with a rewards program to benefit the most from it.
Some common rewards credit card programs include:
Whatever you like to do most, whether it’s traveling, shopping or attending sporting events, consider choosing a credit card that fits your lifestyle and can help you save money by earning rewards.
Find The Best Credit Card
Finding the best credit card for you is all about shopping around and comparing credit card offers before making your decision. However, relying on credit card offers you receive in the mail may not be the best way to hunt down the top credit cards available. Take the initiative and chase down the best available credit card offers!
Our free credit card chaser allows you to choose what you are looking for in a credit card, and then quickly and easily compare credit card offers that match your search criteria side by side.
Get started finding the best credit card for your lifestyle right now!
- What is the difference between a fixed and variable credit card APR?
- What are some fixed rate credit cards?
- Eastman Credit Union Visa Gold Credit Card
- Is there such thing as debt consolidation credit cards?
- Is it possible to find cheap fixed credit card rates?
- FirstMerit Bank Standard MasterCard Credit Card
- How Can I Get the Best Credit Card for Me?