The Citi Diamond Preferred Credit Card is a great line of credit for people who like to earn rewards for their spending, and like to be able to redeem those rewards quickly and easily.
Everyone has expenses that they can’t avoid, like buying groceries, purchasing gas to fuel their vehicle, hotel and airline reservations, and dining out at restaurants. Although you might not be able to cut these expenses out of your life completely, there’s no reason why you can’t get something back for all the money you’re spending at grocery stores, gas stations, hotels, restaurants and airports every year.
Earning Rewards with the Citi Diamond Preferred Credit Card
These days, there are hundreds of different credit cards that will allow you to earn rewards points for dollars that you place on the card, and then pay off. Some cards specialize in “miles” which can be redeemed for any number of travel or hospitality-related rewards, while some specialize in cash back or discounted merchandise rewards.
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi(R) Easy Deals(SM) is a no fee program that gives you special access to online discounts.
- Let our 24/7 concierge service help book your hotel rooms, flights and more.
- Enjoy special access to presale tickets, preferred seating, VIP packages, and unique entertainment experiences through Citi Private Pass(R).
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- No annual fee*
The Citi Diamond Preferred Credit Card is unique because it allows you to earn rewards on money spent for every day purchases. For the first 12 months you have the Citi Diamond Preferred card, you’ll earn 5 points for every dollar spent at:
- Standalone Supermarkets
- Gas Stations
All other purchases made with the card earn 1 point for every dollar spent. Card holders can earn a maximum of 75,000 points per year and those points will expire in 5 years, if not redeemed.
Understanding the Citi Diamond Fees and Interest Rates
Credit cards are intended to be a way to temporarily postpone the need to pay for an item. If you plan on making a large purchase that you won’t be able to pay off at the end of the month, you’re going to have to pay interest on the balance that rolls over. The Citi Bank Diamond card has the following rates and fees:
- APR 11.99% – 21.99%
- 0% APR balance transfers for new customers (for up to 12 months)
- $0 annual fee for 18 months
Citi Diamond Preferred Card Reward Redemption Program
Many credit cards claim to offer outstanding rewards programs, but eventually cardholders will understand that they must spend thousands of dollars to amass enough points for even a tiny reward. The Citi Diamond Preferred Card is a great line of credit for people who want to earn better rewards even faster.
The card is connected to the ThankYou Redemptions Network Program, which offers flexible options for redeeming rewards and allowing cardholders to have a better sense of how close they are to achieving the points level that they want.
Get started comparing all credit cards now!
- Passport America Credit Card
- Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students – Earn 2,500 Bonus Points
- Arkansas Federal Credit Union Diamond Preferred Rewards Visa
- Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card – Bonus Point Offer
- Credit Card Review for Citi Platinum American Express
- Citi Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature Card
- Citi PremierPass Card