The Citi Platinum American Express Credit Card is a rewards credit card offer that is a part of the ThankYou credit card rewards network. Read through this review and then be sure to use the FREE credit card finder to compare cards like American Express with Citibank.
Apply INSTANTLY for the American Express Platinum card by clicking here!
When choosing a credit card, it’s important to not only think about things like interest rate and credit limit, but also to look for the opportunity to earn rewards and privileges that make sense for your lifestyle. Someone who likes to go to the movies or eat out in restaurants might want a card that offers cash rebates on restaurant and entertainment purchases, while someone who commutes long distances in their car might want rebates on gas.
For those who like to travel in style, the Citi Platinum American Express Credit Card offers perks at airports around the world, as well as no preset spending limit, making the Citi Platinum AmEx both a rewards credit card and a travel credit card.
Benefits of Carrying the Citi Platinum American Express Credit Card
It’s very important that people select a credit card that reflects their lifestyle, and caters to the activities they like to participate in. Gone are the days when credit cards were merely a way to avoid paying for a purchase until the end of the month. Now, your credit card can earn you perks and privileges for no other reason than making a purchase.
The benefits of carrying the Citi Platinum American Express card are:
- Earn 5 ThankYou Points for $1 spent at grocery stores, pharmacies and gas stations
- 3 ThankYou Points earned on other purchases for 24 months from the date of account opening
- After 24 months, cardholders earn 1 point for every dollar spent
- Between 1 and 10 ThankYou Points earned per dollar at participating ThankYou® Network retailers
- Potential to earn 150,000 ThankYou Points a year
Additional Perks Provided By Citi Platinum American Express Card
- Access to VIP airport lounges
- Companion air tickets
- 15,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $300 in purchases
- No pre-set spending limit
Citi American Express Platinum Fees and Rates
While you might first be attracted to the Citi Platinum American Express Credit Card because of the top tier benefits it can provide you with, you’ll probably want to take a look at the interest rates and usage fees before you decide that you want to stay with it. Fees and rates for this card include:
- Balance Transfer fee
- 3.99% balance transfer rate (does not apply to purchases)
- Late payments or returned checks result in immediate increase of 3.99% APR
- Payments are applied to low APR balances before higher ones
Citi American Express Platinum Application
Before you submit a credit card application for this American Express Citi card then be sure to use the FREE credit card finder to compare cards!
This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser’s affiliate programs.