This Citi Platinum Select Mastercard review shows that American Airlines has partnered with CitiBank to bring travel benefits and discounts to AAdvantage frequent flier cardholders.
Read through this review of the AAdvantage Citi Platinum Select MasterCard credit card offer and then be sure and use our FREE credit card finder to compare many other credit cards!
Citi AAdvantage Mastercard Platinum Credit Card Points Details and Limitations
Although it might seem simple enough to earn travel points for each dollar that you spend on everyday purchases, it’s important to be aware of any special criteria or limitations that could help you manage spending more efficiently.
Details you should be aware of:
- Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of cardmembership*
- Your first eligible checked bag is free*
- Group 1 boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases*
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount every cardmembership year with qualifying purchases and cardmembership renewal*
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*
AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard Benefits
AAdvantage Platinum card holder benefits with American Airlines are as follows. Points earned are automatically calculated and loaded onto the frequent flier card. The updated status can be viewed either from the AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard card page or the Citi MasterCard site. In addition to reduced mileage rewards, there are also benefits that include:
- No pre-set limits if the balance of the card is paid each month, regardless of the revolving line of credit guidelines
- Personal concierge services that are available 24/7.
- Travel and Emergency assistance that is available worldwide. These services include medical and legal referral services.
- Coverage for trip cancellation or interruption due to emergencies or unforeseen circumstances
- Hertz rental car discounts
- Rental car insurance
- Price and Retail Purchase protection
- Free International cell phone rental
These days, choosing a credit card can be an overwhelming process, especially for those that have not had much experience with the intricacies of the lending market. It’s important to remember that choosing the right credit card for you depends as much on available rewards and rebates as it does on interest rates and annual fees.
The Platinum World Mastercard American Airlines benefits may or may not be worth the investment of applying for the card.
Think about the majority of the purchases that you’re likely to make with the Citibank AAdvantage Mastercard, and then, look for a card that will reward you with cash or discounts on merchandise, simply for making those purchases.
If you are an active traveler, the AA Mastercard travel benefits might be just what you’re looking for.
Benefits for Frequent Fliers
Establishing rewards programs for people who fly with a certain airline is still one of the most popular and successful customer incentive programs of all time. Now credit card companies have gotten involved as well, partnering with airlines to offer ticket discounts for those who use their cards.
As a result of Citi’s partnership with American Airlines, those who use the Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Credit Card can receive:
- One AAdvantage mile for every dollar spent
- No blackout dates on travel
- Reduced Mileage Awards for some qualifying cities
- Complimentary concierge service for hotel, restaurant reservations and gifts
Important Fees and Rates for Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Credit Card
The standard variable APR for purchases – 13.99%, 17.99% or 21.99% based on your creditworthiness. Balance transfers are also subject to the standard purchase APR.
The standard variable APR for cash advances – 25.24%. The variable Penalty APR is up to 29.99% and may be applied if you make a late payment or make a payment that is returned. The annual fee for this card is $95.
However, this fee is waived for the first 12 months. Also, other fees will be assessed. Minimum interest charge – $0.50. Fee for foreign purchases – 3% of each purchase transaction in U.S. dollars.
- Cash advance fee – Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Balance transfer fee – Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Compare the AAdvantage Citi Mastercard benefits with the perks of other similar cards to see if it’s the card for you.
Use our FREE credit card finder to compare many different credit cards today!
- Review of Visa Signature Citi Gold AAdvantage Card
- Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard Credit Card
- Citi AAdvantage American Express
- AAdvantage Bronze MasterCard from Citi
- MasterCard from Citi AAdvantage Gold World
- CitiBusiness AAdvantage Card Review
- Citi Platinum Select SmarTrip MasterCard