The Citi ThankYou Preferred Card – Bonus Point Offer is a rewards card that allows the rewards points to be used for cash back or for purchases. This card is designed for people with great to perfect credit and cannot be obtained by people with bumpy or bad credit.
In order to apply for this card, you need to be 18 years old and have a social security number. This does not mean that you will qualify for a card, only that you have the ability to apply!
Citi ThankYou Preferred Card –Bonus Point Offer Benefits
This rewards Visa card offers several benefits, which include:
- Earn 20,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $1,500 in card purchases within 3 months of account opening redeemable for $200 in gift cards or other great rewards!
- 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 12 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99%-22.99% based upon your creditworthiness*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.*
- 2 ThankYou Points per dollar spent on dining at restaurants and entertainment
- 1 ThankYou Point on other purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Redeem ThankYou Points for merchandise, travel rewards, gift cards, cash and more
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with Chip Technology
- No annual fee*
Citi ThankYou Preferred Card Terms
The interest rate for excellent credit is a low 12.99%, which is very low for a rewards card with no annual fee. If you don’t have perfect credit, then this rate won’t apply. The other alternative rates are up to 22.99%. The same applies to the APR for balance transfers.
There is a penalty APR should you miss a payment or should your payment method bounce. This penalty is 29.99% and there is no limit as to how long it could last.
The balance transfer fee is $5 or 3% and the cash advance fee is $10 or 5%, whichever is greater.
Citi ThankYou Bottom Line
This can be a great card for those of you with great credit and it is one of the better low interest credit cards. However, if you run into trouble, the penalty fee can make it impossible to get out of debt. In addition, this is not a bad credit credit card and it will only hurt you to apply for this card if you do have bad credit.
To compare credit cards online, try using the free credit card chaser tool found on this page!
- Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students – Earn 2,500 Bonus Points
- Citibank Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- Citi Forward Card
- Credit Card Review for Citi Platinum American Express
- Diamond Preferred Card from Citi
- Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card – Low Intro APRs
- Chase Sapphire vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred