When you pay your bills on time each and every month, you are positively affecting your credit score. The better your credit score is, the easier it will be to qualify for an excellent credit-credit card that offers low interest rates and rewards. One such card is the Delta Airlines Gold American Express Card.
In order to qualify for the Delta Airlines Gold American Express Card, you must have a good FICO score as this is an excellent credit credit card. To be approved, your credit score must be between 800 and 850 to be eligible. In addition, your current credit debt will have to be low in order to qualify as well.
The Delta Airlines Gold American Express Card offers some excellent benefits and rewards that are worth considering. Read on to learn about this credit card for people with excellent credit.
Delta Airlines Gold American Express Card Details
The Delta Airlines Gold American Express card offers a mid-level interest rate of 14.5%. While this isn’t lowest interest rate around, it is still a reasonably good one as far as rewards credit cards are concerned.
As you have already guessed, the rewards for this card are airline miles. Currently the introductory miles are 2 miles for every $1 you spend. This is an excellent value for airline credit cards and will help you to rack up your mileage quickly. The introductory mileage ends in a year and at that time you are always guaranteed at least 1 mile for every $1 you spend.
Additionally, you will receive 20,000 bonus miles after your first purchase using the card. The purchase amount can be as little as a dollar and you will receive your bonus. You must use your card within the first year of receipt, however, to qualify.
You are also able to transfer balances to your Delta credit card if you want to take advantage of the lower interest rate and mileage bonus. There is a 9.9% introductory rate for all balance transfers.
Good Points about Delta Airlines Gold American Express Card
- Bonus Miles: earn 30,000 bonus miles toward Award Travel when you spend $500 on the Card within the first three months of cardmembership.
- Earn As You Spend: Get 2X miles on Delta purchases and 1X miles for all other eligible dollars spent.
- Check Your First Bag Free: up to 9 people in your reservation can each save up to $50 on round-trip Delta flights.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
Things to Consider before Choosing the Delta Airlines Gold American Express Card
- Only qualifying purchases earn mileage, not every purchase you make.
- One mileage point is equivalent to one penny, which means it will take 100,000 points to equate to $100.
- Annual fee is $95 after the first year.
Overall, the Delta Airlines Gold American Express Card is an excellent value. If you have excellent credit and you enjoy traveling, then this may be an excellent option for you. If, however, you have less than perfect credit, there are still choices, simply use our credit card chaser tool to find the perfect card right now.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express OPEN
- American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card
- Review of Visa Signature Citi Gold AAdvantage Card
- Airline Credit Cards
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve Credit Card