The Earthmover Credit Union offers several credit cards including this Visa Platinum Preferred credit card. You need to have a very good credit score in order to qualify for this card.
You can compare credit cards online with the free credit card chaser tool found at the top of this page!
The Earthmover Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred credit card is a low-interest credit card. What’s more, it is a cash back rewards credit card. This provides you with an excellent opportunity to save money to different ways.
Earthmover Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred Credit Card Overview
This credit card has a minimum credit limit of $2,500. It is also a rewards credit card that offers you one percent cash back for every dollar you spend, maximum. The cash back amount you can earn is based on your credit card balance. Your cash back credit card reward will be based on your purchase total and will be awarded to you annually.
Interestingly, this credit card offers two options when you apply, a variable interest rate and a fixed interest rate. A variable APR means that your interest rate will be based on the Prime rate.
The reason that this is interesting is that the prime rate has not changed for several years. It is currently 3.25% and it is not forecasted to change anytime soon according to the Prime Loan Interest Rate Forecast. The difference between the variable versus fixed rate is 5% in interest points. With no known increase appearing in the forecast, it doesn’t make sense to choose the fixed rate.
Earthmover Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred Credit Card Terms
The terms for this credit card are similar to those of any other credit card, which is unusual for a credit union. The terms include:
- A variable 7% APR or a fixed 12.5% APR for purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers
- 19.80% penalty APR for six months after a missed or returned payment
- One percent foreign transaction fee
- No ATM fees from Earthmover when an ATM is used
The penalty fees such as the late payment fee return payment fee or over the credit limit fee are applied in accordance with the Federal Reserve credit card rules. The maximum for each of these incidences is $29.
Earthmover Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred Credit Card Verdict
This is a great low interest credit card if you can qualify. If you choose this card, you should pick the variable APR. It is possible that if your credit score is less than perfect, your APR will be higher but it will still be a low interest credit card. With the possibility of earning cash back, if you plan to carry a balance and you are a member of this credit union, this card is an excellent choice.
Use our free credit card finder above to do your own credit card comparison!
- Earthmover Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Eastman Credit Union Visa Platinum Preferred Credit Card
- Earthmover Credit Union Visa Secured Credit Card
- Earthmover Credit Union Visa Teen Investment Program (TIP) Credit Card
- Eastman Credit Union Visa Gold Credit Card
- Barksdale Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa Preferred Credit Card
- What are some fixed rate credit cards?