Emigrant Savings Bank was founded in 1850 by Irish emigrants (hence the name). It is located in New York with branches around the entire state. Among the many services that they offer, Emigrant Savings also offers the Visa Signature Card, which is a rewards credit card.
Compare credit cards right now with this free online credit card chaser tool.
Emigrant Savings one of the largest savings banks in the country, which is quite a feat considering that they are only located in New York state. Regardless, their growth allows them to offer their credit cards at low interest rates, for those who qualify.
Emigrant Savings Bank Visa Signature Card Overview
This is not a bad credit credit card. If you have mediocre or bumpy credit and you don’t qualify for this card, you will automatically be considered for the easier to get Select Rewards Platinum Visa. Check out MyMoney.gov to learn about the downsides to credit cards designed for people with poor credit.
This card has no annual fee. The rewards program is based upon a 1% cash back for all purchases and is unlimited. In addition to 1% cash back, you will also earn 1 point for every $1 you spend. You can redeem points for travel (on any airline), gift cards, and merchandise.
Some of the benefits include:
- Extended warranty coverage for all purchases made with your Visa
- Collision insurance for car rentals
- Damage insurance for car rentals
- Travel accident insurance
- 24/7 customer service
- Zero liability for fraud
- Free extra card
Emigrant Savings Bank Visa Signature Card Terms
As with all credit cards, Emigrant has very specific terms for this card, which include:
- 0% APR for first 6 months
- 9.99% to 20.99% variable APR depending on your credit score
- 23.99% variable APR for cash advances
- No penalty APR
- $5 or 3% balance transfer fee
- $10 or 4% check cash advance, ATM and cash advance fee
Emigrant Savings Bank Visa Signature Card Bottom Line
Overall, this is good card for those of you with good to excellent credit. Everyone else will need to look elsewhere for possible credit cards. If you want to learn more about Emigrant Savings Bank, check them out with the Better Business Bureau.
Try the credit card chaser tool right now and compare credit cards online.
- Emigrant Savings Bank Visa Signature Card Credit Card Review
- Bank of Smithtown Visa Signature Card
- Peoples National Bank Visa Signature Card
- Tompkins Trust Company Visa Signature Card
- Astoria Federal Savings Visa Signature Card with Maximum Rewards
- Review of Visa Signature Citi Gold AAdvantage Card
- Capital One Bank (USA), N.A. Visa Signature Credit Card