The Firstmark Credit Union offers a variety of credit cards. If you’re looking for a secured credit card, such as the Share Secured MasterCard, unfortunately, you’ll find that this credit card does not exist. What Firstmark offers is a Share Secured rate for their CD Secured Loan.
It is unusual for a credit union not to offer a secured credit card. Most credit unions do offer credit cards to help rebuild credit. However, it simply is not one of the options offered by FCU.
Firstmark Credit Union Share Secured MasterCard Credit Card Overview
Firstmark offers four personal credit cards that include two MasterCards and two Visas. They offer a MasterCard and Visa option for both a rewards card and a cash back credit card. In addition to these personal credit cards, Firstmark also offers credit cards for business, which is a Platinum Visa.
Each of the credit cards offered by Firstmark would qualify as low interest rate credit cards. Both the personal MasterCard and Visa options start at 10.9% APR, which is considered low for a rewards or cash back credit card. The business credit card has a starting APR of 8%, which is very low.
The business credit card, however, does have one flaw, which is that the rewards program is very slow to pay off. You can earn one point for every $2 that you spend using your card. Most rewards credit cards at least offer a one-to-one ratio and many offer programs that allow you to earn bonus points if you spend your money on specific items. However, this is not the case with the Firstmark business credit card.
Firstmark Credit Union Share Secured MasterCard Credit Card Considerations
Some of the things you want to consider if you’re considering Firstmark as an option for your credit cards include:
- You have to be a member of Firstmark to apply
- They have no credit cards for people with good to bad credit
- You must have excellent to perfect credit to qualify
- There are no annual fees for the personal credit cards
- There are no balance transfer fees or cash advance fees for the personal credit cards
- The APR for balance transfers and cash advance transactions on the business credit card, is 18%
- All credit cards are compliant with the Federal Reserve Credit Card Rules
Firstmark Credit Union Share Secured MasterCard Credit Card Verdict
As there is no FCU Share Security MasterCard credit card, the verdict here is a simple one; choose one of the other Firstmark credit cards or consider one of your many other options.
Compare credit cards instantly using the FREE credit card chaser!
- Firstmark Credit Union Platinum MasterCard Rewards Credit Card
- Firstmark Credit Union Business Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Firstmark Credit Union Platinum MasterCard Cashback Credit Card
- Keesler Federal Credit Union Share Secured MasterCard Credit Card
- Vons Employee Credit Union Share Secured Visa Platinum
- Langley Federal Credit Union Share-Secured Credit Card
- KEMBA Financial Credit Union Share Secured Visa Credit Card