Credit cards can have either a variable rate or a fixed rate. A fixed rate credit card means that the rate will not fluctuate with the prime rate, or the base rate set by the Fed. This is a good thing to have if you have a low fixed rate on your credit card because you will never have to worry about it jumping up on you without any sort of notice.
Click for the full glossary of credit card terms.
- Where can I find low interest fixed rate credit cards?
- What are some fixed rate credit cards?
- What is the difference between a fixed and variable credit card APR?
- Are fixed interest rate credit cards easy to find?
- How to Find the Best Fixed Credit Card Rates
- Are there any credit cards offering fixed rates of interest on transfers?
- Variable Interest Rate