If you want the convenience of having your credit card from the same place that you keep your money, then using a credit union such as the IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union might be the right choice for you. IH Mississippi Valley offers several credit cards, including the Bright Visa credit card.
Compare credit cards online using the FREE credit card chaser tool!
In order to have an account at IH Mississippi Valley or to apply for any of the credit cards that they have to offer, you do have to become a member of the credit union. The downside here is that this is only possible for people who live in Illinois or Iowa and, even then, only in certain counties in these states.
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union Bright Visa Credit Card Overview
The Bright Visa credit card from IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union is for people with excellent credit scores. The name “Bright” refers to the fact that the people who qualify for this card have done a pretty good job building their credit and paying their bills on time.
This credit card is not a rewards credit card. However, you can save money on merchandise and other items via the IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union’s Visa Rewards site.
IH Mississippi Valley and Visa have also teamed up to provide you with a series of benefits to make the card more appealing. Some of these benefits include $400,000 in travel insurance, extended warranty protection, emergency assistance, rental car insurance, fraud protection, and more.
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union Bright Visa Credit Card Terms
Some of the terms for this credit card include:
- 11.9% APR (fixed) for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances
- No annual fee
- 16.9% penalty APR
- No minimum credit card finance charge
- $5 or 2% fee for balance transfers and cash advances
- 1% foreign transaction fees
You’ll notice that the APR for this card is fixed. What this means is that if the Prime rate, which is established by the Federal Reserve changes, then your rates are not affected. If someone has a card with a variable rate, then their rates change with the Prime rate.
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union Bright Visa Credit Card Verdict
If you are looking for a credit card with lower fees and a lower interest rate, and you live in the areas accepted by this credit union, then this is a good card to consider. For everyone else, it’s best to consider other options.
For your next credit card comparison, use the FREE credit card chaser tool!
- IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union Smart Visa Credit Card
- IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union Business Visa Credit Card
- IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union Brilliant Visa Credit Card
- IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union Genius Visa Credit Card
- Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union Visa Business Credit Card
- Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Matanuska Valley Federal Credit Union Visa Classic Credit Card