The Loyola University Maryland Platinum Plus MasterCard is an affinity card offered by Bank of America. When you use your card, the Loyola University Alumni Association benefits with donations from Bank of America. These donations don’t cost you anything.
Compare credit cards online with the free credit card chaser tool on this page!
You do not have to be a member of the Loyola University staff, alumni, students or family members of students to apply for this card. Anyone who wants to support the school are welcome to apply and benefit from using this credit card.
Loyola University Maryland Credit Card Benefits
There are several benefits to using this credit card. These benefits include:
- A WorldPoints Rewards Program – Earn one point for every $1 you spend and redeem points for a variety of products, travel, cash and more.
- 0% introductory rate – This rate lasts for a whopping 12 billing cycles, but it only applies to purchases, not balance transfers. Interest rates start at 12.99%.
- Manage your account online – you can pay your bills, review your statement, make changes to your account and more on the Internet.
- Zero liability fraud protection – you won’t be held responsible for the use of your card if it is lost or stolen.
- Travel protection – includes rental car insurance and emergency assistance when you travel.
Loyola University Maryland Credit Card Considerations
Some things you should consider about this card are:
- This is not a bad credit credit card – you need very good to excellent credit to qualify
- There is a penalty APR – 29.99% APR is put on your card if you miss a payment or if your payment method doesn’t clear; what’s more, the penalty APR is permanent.
- There are high fees for transactions – These fees start at $10 or 4%, whichever is greater, this is higher than the standard credit card.
- There are two cash advance APRs – depending on where you get your cash advance you will pay between 20.99% and 24.99% for this privilege.
Loyola University Maryland Credit Card Verdict
If you want to support Loyola University with a credit card, then this is the only official card with which you can do this. However, there are other credit cards with better terms than the ones you will find here. You can find a list of highly ranked credit card companies on JDPower.com.
You can also compare credit cards online by using the free credit card chaser at the top of this page!