The Pen Air FCU offers several credit cards for you to consider. If, however, you have bad credit, then you may only qualify for the Pen Air Federal Credit Union Secured Platinum MasterCard credit card. Pen Air FCU reports to all of the major credit reporting agencies so that you can rebuild your credit.
Use the FREE credit card locator to find the perfect credit card!
Many credit card companies offer unsecured credit cards for people with bad credit. However, they usually have very high interest rates as well as a number of fees that you have to pay. Keep reading to find out if the Pen Air FCU Secured Platinum MasterCard is a better choice!
Qualifying for the Pen Air FCU Secured Platinum MasterCard
The first thing that you will find is that anyone who has $500 to deposit into a savings account at Pen Air can qualify for the Secured Platinum MasterCard.
Of course, you do have to qualify for membership, which is only open to current and former military members, some civil groups, and the immediate family members of these two sets of people.
One you’re a Pen Air CU member, you will qualify for this credit card as long as you are over the age of 18 and you have a job. It doesn’t matter whether you have terrible credit with a bankruptcy and a foreclosure; you won’t be turned down for the Pen Air FCU Secured Platinum MasterCard.
Terms for the Pen Air FCU Secured Platinum MasterCard
The terms for this credit card include:
- 12.9% APR for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances (rate is variable based on the prime rate)
- 18% penalty APR – applies if you miss a single payment and is revoked after you make six months of on-time payments
- $5 or 3% cash advance fee
- 1% foreign transaction fee
- Up to $29 late payment and returned payment fee
- No annual fee
- Cash back rewards program based on your spending – cash back ranges between 0.25% and 1%
The Bottom Line for the Pen Air FCU Secured Platinum MasterCard
The only real downside to this Secured Platinum MasterCard is that the fees associated with the card are a bit higher than you typically find with a credit union. Overall, however, this credit card offers a low interest rate and even a rewards program, making it a good credit card for your consideration.
Find a bunch of credit card offers using the FREE credit card chaser tool!
- Premier America Credit Union MasterCard Secured Platinum Credit Card
- Pen Air Federal Credit Union MasterCard Platinum
- Central Florida Educators FCU MasterCard Platinum Credit Card
- McCoy Federal Credit Union MasterCard Credit Card
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Visa Share-Secured Credit Card
- FirstLight Federal Credit Union Secured Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Firstmark Credit Union Share Secured MasterCard Credit Card