In this day and age, it is a good idea to have a credit card handy just in case some sort of emergency situation occurs. Also, with the competition in today’s credit market, credit cards are offering more than just a convenient credit line. Today’s most popular credit cards offer rewards programs for money spent using the cards, they offer warranties on purchases and they even offer features such as road-side assistance and identity theft protection.
With so many options out there when it comes to choosing the right credit card, you are free to pick and choose the credit card that offers you just what you need. That being stated, it may be helpful to know which credit cards have the best reputation. Here is a list of the most popular credit cards available today.
1. Chase Freedom Credit Card
The Chase Freedom credit card offers you the convenience of choosing what you want to do with your reward points. Online applications can be quickly filled out and approval can be had in a matter of minutes. Another perk from the Chase Freedom Card is that you get three percent cash back on purchases that fall within your top three purchasing categories.
Check out a few of the most prominent benefits and features of the Chase Freedom Credit Card.
- Earn 1 point for every dollar in purchases
- 1,000 Bonus Points with your first purchase
- Earn 3 percent on purchases for select items
- 0 % fixed introductory APR for 6 months on all purchases and balance transfers
- Redeem your rewards with as few as 2,500 points
2. Capital One Platinum For Students
The Capital One Platinum for Students credit card is just the right card if you are trying to establish credit. Students find this card beneficial because of the benefits it offers and it allows you to build your credit with increasing credit limits and card flexibility as your credit rating improves. After the introductory period is over, this Capital One card offers a competitive APR for those who have little or no credit.
Here are some of the most popular features and benefits of the Capital One Platinum Credit Card for Students.
- 0 percent APR on purchases for 6 months
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fees
- A manageable credit line to help control your finances
- Free fraud liability if your card gets lost or stolen
3. Orchard Bank Premium Low Interest MasterCard
The Orchard Bank Premium Low Interest MasterCard is a consumer favorite mainly because of the low 8.9 % interest rate. As a premium card, it also comes with many benefits that can be customized to suit your specific credit card needs and wants. As a premium credit card holder, you will have the option of choosing your own payment due date. There is a nominal monthly fee of $5 to $8.
Here are some of the best features and benefits that come from owning an Orchard Bank Premium Low Interest MasterCard.
- 8.9 % variable purchase APR
- 0% introductory APR on card purchases and balance transfers for six months
- MasterCard’s Platinum Benefits package
- Extended warranties on purchases made with card
4. Blue From American Express
Blue from American Express is a new card introduced by American Express in 1999. It is aimed at consumers with good and established credit histories. Along with a flexible rewards program, the Blue card offers assistance services, such as road side assistance and rental car insurance. Depending upon your credit history, you may be in line to qualify for a 9.9 percent APR once the introductory period is over.
Take a look at some of the features and benefits of having a Blue from American Express credit card.
- Fee-Free rewards program focused on shopping and entertainment rewards
- 0 % introductory APR for up to 15 months
- No annual fee
- 4.99 % fixed APR for the life of balance transfers if transferred during application period
- Year-end financial statement
5. Capital One Visa Business Platinum with Preferred No Hassle Miles
This is one of the most popular cards for small business owners. The benefits and features are tailored to small business owners, which includes the rewards program. If you are a small business but have some large expenses, you will like the benefit of having no limit on the amount of rewards points you can build up and redeem. Also, along with free employee cards comes a year-end statement that allows you to track the spending of your employee cards.
Check out some of the most prominent benefits and features of the Capital One Visa Business Platinum Credit Card with Preferred No Hassle Miles.
- 0 % introductory APR on purchases for 12 months
- One mile per dollar on purchases
- Double miles on travel and entertainment purchases
- Miles may be redeemed for cash back, flights, gift cards and many more options
- No annual fee
- Employee cards, each with individual spending limits
6. Advanta Life-of-Balance Platinum Card
The Advanta Life-of-the-Balance Platinum card is tailored to be the most beneficial to those businesses that are in need of consolidating their business expenses. This card allows you to also tailor the rewards program to be the most helpful to your small business. The high cash back rewards offered are available on some of the most needed expenses, such as gas and office supplies to name only a few.
Here are a few of the most noted benefits and features of the Advanta Life-of-Balance Platinum Credit Card.
- 2.99 % fixed APR for the life of balances transferred within 3 months of card approval
- Choose between 6 % cash back on selected items or travel rewards
- No annual fee
- No limit on rewards earnings
- Free fraud liability protection
7. American Express Simply Cash Business Card
The American Express Simply Cash Business Card is one of the best available cards for small and medium sized businesses. It offers a rewards program that gives you the most cash back on the items a business uses the most. It also offers a unique feature of offering business advice from experts and provides a steady stream of business articles for today’s business person.
Here are some of the benefits and features of the American Express Simply Cash Business Card.
- Earn 5 % cash back on gas, office supplies, and wireless services
- Earn 1 % cash back on all other purchases
- No cash back earning limits
- Cash back automatically credited to monthly billing statement
- 0 % introductory APR for the first 12 months
- Free accident insurance while traveling
8. GM Flexible Earnings Card
The GM Flexible Earnings credit card is aimed at the individual consumer. This credit card’s goal is to provide you with outstanding service and convenience, while offering flexibility in the way you earn rewards through your purchases. This card is generally reserved for those with a good credit rating or better and offers competitive interest rates after the introductory period is over.
Check out these features and benefits of the GM Flexible Earnings Credit Card.
- 0 % introductory APR for 12 months on balance transfers
- Cash back option of 1 %
- 1 percent of purchases may go to any new vehicle
- 3 % of purchases toward an eligible, new GM vehicle
- No annual fee
9. Blue Sky from American Express
Another American Express card from the Blue line, the Blue Sky credit card offers a flexible rewards program along with other popular benefits. You can rack up as many rewards points as you want without limits. There is also a year-end financial statement that helps you to keep all of your expenses together for tax time. Once the introductory period lapses, you may qualify for an APR of only 9.9 percent.
Take a look at some of the benefits and features of the Blue Sky card from American Express.
- Redeem points to save on any airline, hotel, rental car or cruise
- Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend
- No blackout dates, no travel restrictions
- No annual fee
- 0 % introductory APR
- Travel Accident Insurance, Buyers Assurance Plan, and Return Protection
10. Blue Cash from American Express
Kiplinger’s Personal finance magazine rated this card the “Best Cash-Rebate Card” in 2006. The major benefit of the Blue Cash card from American Express is the high cash back rewards. Five percent of purchases at gas stations, drug stores and grocery stores come back to you in cash. All other purchases give you 1.5 % cash back. If you qualify, the interest rate after the introductory rate expires can be as low as 9.99 %.
Here are some of the benefits and features of the Blue Cash credit card from American Express.
- Up to 5% Cash Back with unlimited cash rewards
- 0% introductory APR for 6 months
- Balance transfer rate of 4.99% for the life of the balance
- No annual fee
- Year-end financial summary
Find The Best Credit Card For You Now!
These are some of the most popular cards available at the present time. This is by no means an exhaustive list of the quality credit cards available. If none of these cards seem to fit what you are looking for, don’t give up your search for the right credit card.
Use our free credit card “chaser” to find the credit card that is best for you today!
- American Express Blue for Students
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Blue
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Blue Cash
- Blue for Business from American Express
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Blue Sky
- American Express Blue Sky Preferred
- First National Bank of Omaha American Express Card