If you have ever used the excuse of not having cash on you to avoid giving to the Salvation Army bell ringers standing next to their iconic red kettles outside of your neighborhood supermarket then your days of using that excuse is now over. The Salvation Army announced that they will be able to accept credit cards with new portable credit card processing machines at many of their kettles that will be peppered throughout busy spots around town this Christmas season.
The new credit card machines will be rolled out in 30 cities for this Christmas season and since the average credit card donation online for the Salvation Army is $178 then it is likely that if donations tick up in these 30 cities that next year will see credit card machines held by Salvation Army bell ringers in even more cities.
Time to spread the Christmas cheer and give a donation to the Salvation Army – and get 1% to 5% cash back if you use your cash back credit card!
- November Round Up On Being Financially Prepared For The Holidays
- Ways to Save Money this Holiday Season
- BayPort Credit Union Visa Business Platinum Card
- Visa / MasterCard to Pay Final $1.1 Billion of $3.4 Billion Settlement
- Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union Platinum Master Card
- America’s 10 Worst Cities for Renters
- Army & Air Force Exchange