Whether you’re an educator or a student in Southern California, you can benefit from being a member at a credit union that focuses on education, such as the SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union. In addition, if you’re an adult with good to perfect credit, then you can also apply for the SchoolsFirst Visa Gold credit card.
Look for other credit cards online completely FREE by using our tool on this page!
Before you can apply for the Visa Gold credit card, you have to qualify to become a member of SchoolsFirst FCU. As an educator or student in Southern California you automatically qualify; however, you also have to pay a $15 membership fee and open a savings account with $5.
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Visa Gold Credit Card Overview
The Visa Gold credit card from SchoolsFirst FCU is a credit card that is designed for people with established credit and a reasonably good credit history. This is not a rewards credit card; however, it does go back to the tradition of gold credit cards in terms of offering larger lines of credit.
While you don’t have to have perfect credit in order to qualify for this Visa Gold credit card, you do have to have a solid credit history for the past two years.
In addition, you cannot have any bankruptcies, foreclosures, or judgments on your credit history.
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Visa Gold Credit Card Terms
- The terms for the Visa Gold credit card include:
- No balance transfer fees
- No annual fee
- No cash advance fees
- No over-the-limit fees
- 10.5% to 17.9% variable APR based on the prime rate
- $25,000 maximum credit line; $5,000 minimum credit line
- 25-day grace period for new purchases
The grace period applies to new purchases, and does not apply to balance transfers or cash advances. This is something you need to be aware of before selecting this option.
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Visa Gold Credit Card Verdict
The SchoolsFirst FCU Visa Gold credit card has an interest rate that is a little bit higher than you might find with another gold card if you have perfect credit. However, you’ll find that very few credit cards have the lack of fees that this credit card does. When comparing this credit card to other gold credit cards, you need to ensure that you determine whether the fees you might pay are higher than an increased APR.
Find low-interest credit cards using the FREE credit card chaser tool!
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Visa Share-Secured Credit Card
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Credit Card
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Visa Rewards Credit Card
- Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union Visa Gold Credit Card
- Marriott Employees’ Federal Credit Union Visa Gold Credit Card
- Notre Dame Federal Credit Union Credit Card
- Provident Credit Union Visa Gold Credit Card