If you’re someone who has already established some credit for yourself or has decent credit with a few bumps in your credit history, the credit card you might want to consider is the U.S. Bank Visa Platinum credit card. The U.S. Bank is a credit card company that also offers banking solutions.
Use the FREE credit card locator to find the perfect credit card for your lifestyle!
The Visa Platinum credit card is not a credit card for people with bad credit. However, there is some leeway for people who have struggled with their credit previously, but have gotten on the right path with at least a year of good credit history.
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card Benefits
The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum offers a 0% credit card introductory rate that lasts for the first year that you have your credit card. This introductory APR applies to purchases and balance transfers, but not to ATM withdrawals.
Another benefit that this credit card offers is auto rental insurance.
If you use your credit card to pay for your rental car, then you’re automatically covered if you have an accident.
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card Terms
The APR will start at 9.99% and cap at 23.99%, after the introductory APR expires. Naturally, the better your credit the lower your credit card interest rate will be. You can learn about some of the things that U.S. Bank will look for before deciding what your interest rate will be at the Federal Reserve’s website.
While there is no penalty APR for this credit card if you miss a payment, there are a variety of other fees that you’ll want to consider. These fees include:
- 4% or $5 for balance transfers (whichever amount is greater)
- 3% or $5 for convenience check cash advances
- 4% or $10 for ATM cash advances
- 4% or $10 for at-the-register cash advances
- 4% or $20 for cash equivalent advances, such as buying travelers checks
- 2% foreign transaction purchase fee
- $35 maximum for late payments, returned payments, or for being over your credit limit
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card Verdict
The interest rate for the Visa Platinum credit card isn’t too bad when it first starts out. However, it gets very high and, if this is a rate you receive if you have good credit, you’ll find that you can do much better. The question you have to ask yourself is what APR you would receive if you apply for this credit card.
Look through other credit card rates for FREE by using the credit card comparison tool on this page!
- Whitney Bank Whitney Visa Platinum Credit Card
- OnPoint Community Credit Union Platinum Visa Credit Card
- Best Friends Animal Society Platinum Visa
- First National Bank of Omaha Visa Signature with Maximum Rewards Card
- American Legion Platinum Edition Visa from First National Bank of Omaha Review
- First Interstate Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card
- First National Bank of Omaha BucksBack Platinum Edition Visa Card