UNC is a well-known college across the country. In the state of North Carolina, however, there is no getting around the pride that people feel for this university. If this applies to you and you want to show your support for this school, then you may want to consider applying for the UNC Charlotte Alumni Platinum Plus Visa card with WorldPoints rewards!
Compare credit cards online by using the free credit card chaser tool on this page!
The UNC Charlotte Alumni credit card is offered by Bank of America. Each time you make a purchase using this card, Bank of America donates money to the UNC Charlotte Alumni. What’s more, when you activate your card, they will make a onetime donation of $50 as well.
UNC Charlotte Alumni Credit Card Overview
Currently, Bank of America is offering an introductory APR of 0% for all new purchases on this card. This offer will last for the first 12 billing cycles after you activate your card. After that, your entire balance will be converted to the standard APR, which will be based on your credit score.
This is a rewards card that offers you one point for every $1 that you spend. With no cap on your points, you can earn as many as you would like, which is great if you are working towards a cruise, a hotel stay or any other number of things available on the WorldPoints website. However, your points will expire after five years so don’t save them up for too long.
UNC Charlotte Alumni Interest and Fees
The terms for this card include:
- 12.99% to 20.99% variable APR for purchases and balance transfers
- 24.99% APR for cash advances
- A penalty APR of 29.99% that applies if you miss a payment or a payment doesn’t clear your bank
- No annual fee
- $10 or 5% transaction fees based on the highest amount
- $35 late payment fee
UNC Charlotte Alumni Verdict
If you have very good to excellent credit, this is not a bad card. However, there is no opportunity to earn more rewards points, which is something that lowered Bank of America’s rating on the JDPower.com, 2011 Credit Card Satisfaction Study. While they offer loads of rewards, it is hard to earn points quickly.
Use the free credit card chaser tool to compare credit cards today!
- Minnesota State Alumni Credit Card
- New York University NYU Credit Card
- Arizona State University Alumni Association WorldPoints Platinum Plus MasterCard – from Bank of America
- Indiana University Credit Card
- Stephen F Austin University Credit Card
- West Virginia University Credit Card
- Louisiana State University Credit Card