The University of Virginia credit card is offered by Bank of America. This credit card is both an affinity credit card and a rewards credit card, with the rewards being offered through Bank of America’s WorldPoints programs.
Affinity credit cards are cards that will pay the source of your choice a certain amount of money based on your purchases. This could be a charity, a not for profit organization, or like in this case, a university. Simply put, you spend money and Bank of America gives money to the University of Virginia as a result. Compare the benefits of this and other online credit cards now!
The University of Virginia was founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 as a public school. While it started small with no degree offerings, today they offer 51 bachelor’s degrees, 84 master’s degrees and 57 doctoral degrees in addition to their medical school program. If the University of Virginia was, is or will be your school of choice, then check out some facts about the University of Virginia credit card.
University of Virginia Credit Cards Facts
- You need good to excellent credit to qualify
- You don’t have to be a school member to qualify
- Only official card for the University of Virginia
- No interest for purchases and balance transfers for 7 to 10 billing statements
- Interest is 12.99% to 20.99% after introductory offer
- Rewards points are earned at one point for every $1 spent
- Rewards redemption is available on WorldPoints.com
- Redeem points for virtually anything (travel, merchandise, cash, more)
- High rates for balance transfer credit card transactions, wire transfers and cash advances
- There is no penalty APR
- There is no annual fee
University of Virginia Credit Card Considerations
While the University of Virginia credit card is a reasonable card, there are a couple of things you might want to think about. Firstly, your credit history. Not only do you have to have a good credit score, but you have to have clean credit history for the last couple of years.
Another consideration is the rewards program. Although the redemption options are very good, there are cards available now that help you to earn points much faster than one to one.
University of Virginia Credit Card Bottom Line
This is a good card and an excellent way to support the University of Virginia. However, there are better rewards card, try our card chaser tool and see for yourself! Compare online credit card offers now!