Would you like to win a $500 American Express gift card just in time for some last minute Christmas shopping?
If so then read on to learn how you could get some extra funds simply by telling us what you you LOVE about a particular credit card (or debit card) or credit card issuer/bank and what you HATE about a particular credit card (or debit card) or credit card issuer/bank. Get your creative juices percolating because if you can craft a well written piece telling your story then you could end up $500 better off because of it!
Here are the rules for entering the 2009 Credit Card Chaser Love/Hate Credit Cards Contest:
- Tell us why you LOVE a particular credit card or credit card company/bank (i.e. “I love my Discover More Card because I used my cash back rewards from my credit card to buy my son a Nerf gun, a new bike, and the Lord of the Rings DVD box set”) – NOTE: If you do not use a credit card then feel free to make your story about a debit card instead (i.e. “I love my PerkStreet Financial Debit Card because I get 1% cash back on all of my purchases and so I used the card to do all of my Christmas shopping”).
- Tell us why you HATE a particular credit card or credit card company/bank (i.e. “I hate Chase because they jacked up my interest rate and decreased my credit limit even though I have never made a late payment”).
- There are two ways to submit your entry and two different prize levels: A) Submit your entry by writing a blog post about this contest and telling your LOVE/HATE story (be sure to link to this page so I can show your track back comment – bonus points if you can also link to one of your favorite credit cards listed on our “Compare Cards” page) to have a chance at winning a $500 American Express gift card OR B) Leave a comment below telling your LOVE/HATE story to have a chance at winning a $100 American Express gift card.
Here is what my personal entry would be (of course I am not eligible to enter myself into the contest but I just wanted to give you an example of what we will be looking for):
“I absolutely LOVE my new American Express True Earnings credit card that I received less than 2 months ago because I can get a minimum of 1% cash back and up to 3% cash back depending on the category of the purchase. I also love that they allow me to schedule an automatic payment to draft from my checking account to just pay off my card balance in full. The reason I applied for this card so recently was of course because of the excellent cash back benefits but also because I HATE Chase for decreasing my credit limit from $10,000 to $1,000 on one of my other credit cards even though I have close to perfect credit, no balance on the card, and have never had any late payments.”
Your entry can be as short and simple as mine but keep in mind that in order to pick the two winners we will be looking for someone that really shows some creativity and goes the extra mile to make their stories entertaining and contain that “something extra”.
The contest will run from Monday, 11/30/09 until Wednesday, 12/16/09 at 12 noon. On Thursday, 12/17/09 I will announce the two winners (the blog post winner will receive the $500 card and the comment winner will receive the $100 card) and highlight their stories.
What are you waiting for? Submit your entry today!
PS Yes, you can submit an entry as both a blog post for a chance to win the $500 gift card AND as a comment below to win a $100 gift card but keep in mind that you will not want to use the same thing for both necessarily because we will be holding a blog post writer to a much higher standard of creativity than a commenter so you might want to enter an abbreviated or alternate version of your blog post as a comment below to have a chance for both the $500 card and the $100 card.
- Announcing the Winners of the 2009 Love/Hate Credit Cards Contest!
- I Love New York Rewards Credit Card
- American Express Business Gift Card
- American Express Centurion Bank American Express Clear
- American Express Optima
- Think You Could Go Into Massive Debt While Making $10 Million/Yr?
- Plum Card from American Express